1.1 Race Organisation
Swimrun Events vzw
Korte Nieuwstraat 12
2. Entry conditions
2.1 DUO Race: To participate in Amphiman Swimrun teams must consist of two persons
who are at least 18 years old and are capable of swimming in open water.
SOLO race: One can subscribe on his own. The athlete is 18 years or older and capable of swimming in open water.
2.2 Each team member requires a valid insurance.
* LLEH: the assurance is dealt via OtillO.
De Schorre: This is included in the subscription package and therefore provided by the organisation
2.3 Payment of the entry fee is final and will only be reimbursed depending on the race:
* LLEH: conditions of OtillO insurance.
* De Schorre: reimbursement at 75% against a medical certificate up to 2 months prior to the race and reimbursed at 50% against a medical certificate up to 1 month prior to the race
|Medical grounds||Between subscription and 2 months prior to the race||75% refund|
|Between 2 months and 1 month prior to the race||50% refund|
|Less than 1 month prior to the race||NO refund|
|Non-medical grounds||–||NO refund|
2.4 It is allowed to change one team member per team.
2.5 In the month prior to the race, changing a team member is only allowed WITHIN the category (men/mixed/women).
3. Race course
3.1 Race Course
3.1.1 The race course is marked
3.1.2 Participants must follow the marked course
3.1.3 Participants who do not follow the marked course will be disqualified
3.2.1.There will be a number of checkpoints throughout the course, see map
3.2.2.There may be additional, unannounced checkpoints along the course. These are not shown on the map
3.2.3.Teams failing to pass a checkpoint will be disqualified
3.3 First-aid posts
3.3.1 There will be several first-aid posts where participants can get help if needed
3.3.2 There will be medical staff and equipment on boats
4.1 General about Equipment
1. All teams must keep all their equipment from start to finish
2. Teams picking up or dropping off equipment on route will be disqualified
3. A mandatory equipment check will be performed before the race
4.2 Mandatory Equipment
The following equipment must mandatorily be carried throughout the race:
Supplied by athletes:
– 2 x whistles (only for LLEH obligatory)
– 2 x wetsuits suitable for water temperature of 10 degrees Celsius
Supplied by Amphiman Swimrun:
– 2 x race chips
– 2 x swim caps
– 2 x race jerseys
4.3 Equipment which is NOT allowed
– Flotation devices which exceed 100 cm x 60 cm.
– Any motorized equipment.
5.1 The race will be timed from the start until the last two team members have passed the finish line
5.2 Each team member needs to carry an ankle chip for the entire race
5.3 Cutoff times will be published during the race briefing which will be held previous to the start
6. Participants’ Responsibilities
6.1.1 Participants must know the rules and abide by them
6.1.2 Participants shall respect other participants, organisation, spectators and inhabitants of the race area
6.1.3 Participants are not allowed to use unfair methods to obtain advantages
6.1.4 Any kind of doping is forbidden, the organization follows WADAS regulations and NIF rules
6.1.5 Participants are obliged to provide assistance in case of emergency, if so required by the organization
6.2 During the Race
6.2.1 Participants are participating at their own risk and the organisation cannot be held responsible for any accident during the race
6.2.2 Teams are obliged, to the best of their ability, to assist other teams which have encountered injury or illness
6.2.3 Teams which have abandoned the race shall report as soon as possible to the organization
6.2.4 Participants are not allowed to litter the environment. Teams disrespecting this rule will be disqualified
7. Following the Rules
7.1 Race jury
7.1.1 The race jury consists of the race director and two other persons from the race organization
7.1.2 The race jury ;
– Enforces the rules
– Decides the outcome of any dispute
– Decides about disqualifications
– Handles complaints
– Decides about course changes and changes in the rules
7.1.3 At least two members of the jury are required to enforce a race jury decision.
7.1.4 The race jury has the right to use “common sense” to come to a decision in case the rules are open to interpretation or do not explicitly cover the situation at hand
7.1.5 Decisions of the race jury are final
7.2 Complaints and disputes
7.2.1 Complaints must be presented in writing to the race organisation within the hour after the end of the race
7.2.2 A complaint must include:
– Time and location
– Team number and signatures of both team members
– Team number or team name of the team against which the complaint is lodged
– The motivation for the complaint
– If possible, a witness declaration with name or team number
7.2.3 A complaint which does not fulfill the criteria in point 7.2.2 will not be taken into consideration
7.2.4 A decision from the race jury will be communicated to those involved as soon as it has been concluded upon
7.3.1. Teams failing to follow the Amphiman Swimrun rules will be disqualified
– It is forbidden for teams to litter the environment
– Participants who omit to follow the marked course and/or skip checkpoints will be disqualified
– Use of unauthorized equipment will lead to disqualification
– It is not allowed to receive assistance other than from the race organisation. Each team has to make their own way from start to finish.
8.1. The two team members must stay together at all times and may not be more than 10 meters apart.
8.2. Race Security will stop the first team member and force him/her to wait for his/her partner before he/she can continue in case the distances above were not respected
8.3. The race organization can refuse a team to continue if judged incapable to continue due to their physical condition (e.g. fatigue, etc.)
8.4. When a team decides to leave the race it should notify the organisation of this decision (on route or at the finish line) to avoid an unnecessary search operation. Cost of such a search operation can be charged to the athletes involved.
9. Media and Sponsor Exposure
9.1 Sponsor markings
9.1.1. Teams are allowed to wear sponsor markings on their race gear
9.2 Race bibs (jerseys)
9.2.1. Race bibs (jerseys) cannot be modified in any way and must be worn at all times during the race
9.3 Race swim caps
9.3.1. Race swim caps may not be modified in any way and must be worn visibly during all swim parts of the race
9.4 Pictures and film free rights
9.4.1. The participants gives the race organisation the right to use pictures and film footage taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television and movies.
10. Accepting the rules
10.1 By entering the race, through payment of the entry fee, each team member accepts and agrees to the rules in full